General Chat For All To Read.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
IMG_0602.jpeg

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a totally true story:

There was a family of McPhilips in Killane near Cootehill in the 1920s. There was at least 2 sons and one sister who married near me, all now long dead. There were very literate for their background and were denied any formal education. They were a bit odd, all farm hands milking cows etc, but read books. The parents persuaded one son Jimmy to emigrate to Australia (to get him out of the way), where they had a contact through a neighbour's son who had successfully emigrated to Australia. Jimmy reluctantly went. He hated it. He was a home bird for sure.

Jimmy saved up money working as a labourer until he had enough to return home to his great relief. There was a new school master in Killane who was never out of Ireland, but was infatuated by geography and the like. He met Jimmy at a funeral. The master says, I heard you were in Australia Jimmy? with great interest. Jimmy replied, I was indeed, to which the master asked "What state were you in? " Jimmy replied, "I was in a terrible state"
The most amazing part about this is that this low-effort Joke survived in human memory from 1920 to 2023.

I can only assume not a great deal happens and there's very little to talk about in Killane near Coothill

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
The most amazing part about this is that this low-effort Joke survived in human memory from 1920 to 2023.

I can only assume not a great deal happens and there's very little to talk about in Killane near Coothill
Bullocks.

You can always frame a conversation around bullocks.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well the first 10 seconds are great anyway. I will watch.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of these fellas ( Brian Keating and Eric Weinstein ) really but this is very good so far ( I am about 20 minutes in )

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAP2kF9oPts

Eric Weinstein is legit. He's a real physicist, not a celebrity fraud like Neil De Grasse Tyson. He worked as a consultant for hedge fund managers and FOREX trading firms in the 2000's, and actually met Epstein. Very interesting interview about that subject here, incredible. He flat out states that Epstein wasn't some genius trader, but some kind of intelligence agency honey-trap operative.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoGl-soL1g

valamhic

Reaction score

It is not a joke, I wrote that in the post but you failed to read it. It actually happened, that is
why I shared it.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Reliability is being designed out.
The apex of Reliability was the start of this century.
Since 2015 on.
Cars are pretty shite.
Especially the higher end stuff.
I listened to a polish man recently who has a Merc and he said "" when i young -- you get Mercedes --you have car for life -- now you give life for car""

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
I think the whole concept of competitive sports is a load of shit. What does is benefit is Jack can run 5 miles and I cant. Did any of them ever try out running a cow making for the gate.? Running on the road is lethal.

When did fitness ever matter for a fighter pilot, a mechanic, a builder or any of that. Swimming up and down is a stupid craic too. Life saving is good and so is swimming to save yourself in a boat capsizing.
I only accidentally kept fit for much of my life and felt good and my humor was good and good things happened to me because people were friendly to a person of middling good humor.
you release endorphins when you exhilarate and when i swim in a stormy sea and i am flung and tossed and tumbled i feel marvelous for a few days .this exhilaration is very important to a child's development.
their character and mind must must experience exhilaration .
i have only learned this late in life properly .
i was struck with a transit van deliberately in April 2011 and it took me 2 years before i could walk normally .
i had to let people go and i closed a business -- i did a lot of learning and took to the internet to learn a bit each day and i never looked in a mirror from one end of the year to the next and never had a formal exercise regime --but i need one now just to stay mobile .

clarke-connolly

Reaction score

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
I listened to a polish man recently who has a Merc and he said "" when i young -- you get Mercedes --you have car for life -- now you give life for car""
Myles is confused i have that effect on him-- what this means in English is that i and the polish man both had merc 123 series 5 cyl 300d cars and some taxi men clocked 1 million miles on them and they were still running .
all over the world the 123 series made Mercedes name from the middle east to Mexico there was no other taxi -- nothing else could take what ever punishment was meted out.
the new Mercedes are most definitely not the same and despite being computerized to tell you what is wrong a great deal of the time a lot is wrong and nothing is doing half of the mileage it used to .

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Myles is confused i have that effect on him-- what this means in English is that i and the polish man both had merc 123 series 5 cyl 300d cars and some taxi men clocked 1 million miles on them and they were still running .
all over the world the 123 series made Mercedes name from the middle east to Mexico there was no other taxi -- nothing else could take what ever punishment was meted out.
the new Mercedes are most definitely not the same and despite being computerized to tell you what is wrong a great deal of the time a lot is wrong and nothing is doing half of the mileage it used to .
If you want a merc get a pre 95.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I see R McIlroy was acting the hard man in the car park of the Ryder cup , he was threatening some caddy who would have thumped the head off him only Shane Lowry was there to save him :cool: Shane stuffed the wee wanker into a taxi

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom