General Chat For All To Read.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
c4318e5c-ff26-463e-83e3-1b1398dfdcc3-e93f8d63-3436-480d-9415-fe7f5d634a7c

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I bought this one (3 furrow reversible) form the son on a man I know 7 year ago. He wanted a quick sale as he was rushing off to Australia. He got a letter from his ex girlfriend saying something like affiliation proceedings. I don't know what it was about. I used it a few times and parked it up. Several asked me for the loan of it and left it back OK. All say it is a great plough. I don't plough, I get reseeding done with a contractor who does all.

I want to sell it but don't know what it is worth. Does anyone here know how much I should ask for it?
That's higly dependenton on condition.

Ploughs are not in a good place at the moment, all the manufacturers are reporting falling sales as they are demonised by the greens for digging up the carbon, all total BS of course but that's how it is.

On the positive side it is a Kverneland and they are the number one plough in Ireland so they will sell before anything else.

I'd say you'd be looking for somewhere around the 3,000 mark if everything is good on it, maybe more if the paintwork is clean and tidy, and a lot less if the points etc need replacing. Steam clean and grease it to make it look tidy and well kept and if the hydraulic hoses look tired and cracked then it might be worth a few bob renewing them.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
That's higly dependenton on condition.

Ploughs are not in a good place at the moment, all the manufacturers are reporting falling sales as they are demonised by the greens for digging up the carbon, all total BS of course but that's how it is.

On the positive side it is a Kverneland and they are the number one plough in Ireland so they will sell before anything else.

I'd say you'd be looking for somewhere around the 3,000 mark if everything is good on it, maybe more if the paintwork is clean and tidy, and a lot less if the points etc need replacing. Steam clean and grease it to make it look tidy and well kept and if the hydraulic hoses look tired and cracked then it might be worth a few bob renewing them.
I had no idea you were a farmer, Fish. May hit you up for some advice occasionally in the future.

valamhic

Reaction score
I heard there is a cheap version of Pisles on the net and I tried to register but I failed the Capitca test three times.

Is there any course on doing the captcha test? I confused a bus with an Ostridge.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score

On this, there are a few things people need to understand.

It does seem strange to me that the person handing out medals missed the only child who was not white.

Personally, I think it was disgusting, was it racism? who knows, only the person handing out the medals knows, but either way you look at it, no child should be left standing there regardless of colour and miss out on what should be a wonderful experience for them.

Yes it seems the mistake was quickly corrected and the young girl received her medal shortly afterwards, but in my opinion, it was far too late. Plenty of people including the coaches should have realised the child had missed out on her medal, it should have been rectified as the medals were being handed out, not after.

I read elsewhere yesterday that this incident happened over 1 year ago, and both the child's parents and Gymnastics Ireland entered into some sort of arbitration that was finalized in August of this year. So it seems strange that this video has surfaced now.

Here is the statement from Gymnastics Ireland

Wolf

Reaction score
On this, there are a few things people need to understand.

It does seem strange to me that the person handing out medals missed the only child who was not white.

Personally, I think it was disgusting, was it racism? who knows, only the person handing out the medals knows, but either way you look at it, no child should be left standing there regardless of colour and miss out on what should be a wonderful experience for them.

Yes it seems the mistake was quickly corrected and the young girl received her medal shortly afterwards, but in my opinion, it was far too late. Plenty of people including the coaches should have realised the child had missed out on her medal, it should have been rectified as the medals were being handed out, not after.

I read elsewhere yesterday that this incident happened over 1 year ago, and both the child's parents and Gymnastics Ireland entered into some sort of arbitration that was finalized in August of this year. So it seems strange that this video has surfaced now.

Here is the statement from Gymnastics Ireland

If it was a white kid there wouldn't have been a word about it.
The self-hating Irish really are a disgusting lot.

valamhic

Reaction score
I think the whole concept of competitive sports is a load of shit. What does is benefit is Jack can run 5 miles and I cant. Did any of them ever try out running a cow making for the gate.? Running on the road is lethal.

When did fitness ever matter for a fighter pilot, a mechanic, a builder or any of that. Swimming up and down is a stupid craic too. Life saving is good and so is swimming to save yourself in a boat capsizing.

Hermit

Reaction score

The parents are race grifting cunts, wouldn't even accept an apology, no doubt trying to stir shit for a payout.

GI claimed that the official, “upon realising the mistake”, immediately “rectified it” and made sure the girl was presented with her medal before she left the field of play.

“The official expressed deep regret for what they described as an honest error and requested the opportunity to apologise in person to the competitor and her family,” GI said.

It stated that the official’s request to apologise in person was initially declined by the family. GI said that a handwritten apology from the official was then sent to the family.

Same article also mentions Sport Against Racism Ireland (SARI), never heard of them, assume it's another NGO.

Wolf

Reaction score
The parents are race grifting cunts, wouldn't even accept an apology, no doubt trying to stir shit for a payout.

Same article also mentions Sport Against Racism Ireland (SARI), never heard of them, assume it's another NGO.
The real racists in Ireland and around the world are black African.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
The incident happened in March 2022.

The organisers apologised and awarded the girl her medal shortly after the original ceremony on the same day.

The Parents made a formal complaint and this was passed onto an independent arbitory body.

The Parents and Gymnastics Ireland came to an undisclosed resolution in August 2023.

In September 2023 the video of the event was released.

valamhic

Reaction score
This is a totally true story:

There was a family of McPhilips in Killane near Cootehill in the 1920s. There was at least 2 sons and one sister who married near me, all now long dead. There were very literate for their background and were denied any formal education. They were a bit odd, all farm hands milking cows etc, but read books. The parents persuaded one son Jimmy to emigrate to Australia (to get him out of the way), where they had a contact through a neighbour's son who had successfully emigrated to Australia. Jimmy reluctantly went. He hated it. He was a home bird for sure.

Jimmy saved up money working as a labourer until he had enough to return home to his great relief. There was a new school master in Killane who was never out of Ireland, but was infatuated by geography and the like. He met Jimmy at a funeral. The master says, I heard you were in Australia Jimmy? with great interest. Jimmy replied, I was indeed, to which the master asked "What state were you in? " Jimmy replied, "I was in a terrible state"

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom