General Chat For All To Read.

free and clean

Reaction score
Do people still hate U2 because of Bono, I mean, hate Bono but not U2, right?

I must say, I really do like that song (I once had a handle inspired by it - 'U2 Documentary') and they do it great live.

You could possibly criticise it (the song) to say that the middle is sort of carried by the start and the end, I suppose. The ending though, so sweet, so melodic, classic Joshua Tree.
Bono is a clown but there's no doubt they're a great band. Running to Standstill is my favourite song of theirs - a very underrated tune from the Joshua Tree.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I just hope I survive the fema blast in 19 minutes.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
This review makes them sound like one of those dinosaur bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones in 1976 the year U2 were formed. U2 couldn't even figure out how to play Ramones covers so they had to write their own songs.

The new song is a rehash of Blondie's 'call me'. Obviously the band are toasted!
Good for Larry, he's free to go on a retreat and clean out his ears! :D

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
This review makes them sound like one of those dinosaur bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones in 1976 the year U2 were formed. U2 couldn't even figure out how to play Ramones covers so they had to write their own songs.

U2 isn't a real band. Nobody in that outfit has any talent whatsoever. None of them are fine players of any instrument. Their music is souless and vapid. Dumb rock. 'The Edge'. What a fucking joke. He plays like he learned guitar from the back of a box of cereal. I don't just mean he's basic (I mean he is) but he can't write emotive music.

Say what you want about Led Zep, but Jimmy Page was a very, very fine guitarist.

Wolf

Reaction score
I think you're a very cynical person, cynical in a bad way.

What makes you happy, dope?
Glad I got my tickets now......should be a blast. Vegas will be another thing off the bucket list for myself and my wife.
No doubt the venue is the star of the show.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlHPwft3BjY

Buddy is 100% correct about the Blondie influence, but the band haven't tried to hide this, they've said it in interviews.

Last edited:

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I really love Cardi-B and stuff like that...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
lol yeah well obviously not absolute dreck, but fuck man, there's so much great music from so many different eras and movements etc. I feel like everybody here assumes music never existed before 1980 and ended in 1989.

Really? U2? I'm just trying to understand what you're all getting out of it. I find absolutely nothing interesting, engaging or interesting about it whatsoever.

Wolf

Reaction score
lol yeah well obviously not absolute dreck, but fuck man, there's so much great music from so many different eras and movements etc. I feel like everybody here assumes music never existed before 1980 and ended in 1989.

Really? U2? I'm just trying to understand what you're all getting out of it. I find absolutely nothing interesting, engaging or interesting about it whatsoever.
I'm taking in U2 as part of a trip to Vegas, something we've been planning for a good while.
I listen to all types, from classical to trad, rock to pop, from the 50's to today.
I do draw the line at rap and that ghetto trash shite that seems to pollute the airwaves these days though.

BTW, I'll probably get attacked by the usual perverts now for saying I'm off to the states...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wolf

Reaction score
Just on the above, that trip could get knocked on the head if the medical Nazis stateside decide to bring back mandatory covid jabs for overseas visitors......:oops:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Just on the above, that trip could get knocked on the head if the medical Nazis stateside decide to bring back mandatory covid jabs for overseas visitors......:oops:
I thought the jab was still mandatory for entering the States?

Wolf

Reaction score
I thought the jab was still mandatory for entering the States?
Not since May this year.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
I think you're a very cynical person, cynical in a bad way.

What makes you happy, dope?
I was big into U2 all through the 79/80's/90's but things changed since the noughties/911 etc.
Now I'm happy composing my own lyrics, rhymes & poems daily, accompanied with lashings of selected blended tea.
Have started of a 90 day abstinence , that makes me very very happy, to exercise a sincere discipline which delights in being 'Very Good'
Rare quality tops certainly make me happy but living without makes me happier still, to be in full control of one's diet is a great boost and reassuring comfort, not lacking or in need - Happiness follows, one way or the other.

Cynical? Oh yes!! But hopefully not in too bad of a way.
So of course, let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater, for a time they were brilliant🥲

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xQOb51qZ-c

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Not since May this year.

Do you have a valid ESTA :unsure: the goons in Dublin will probably grill you if you are towards the end of the ESTA validity period......they did it to me in 2018

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom