Should I buy a pub in Ireland.

Yank Blow-In

New
Reaction score
i looked at a video of an AK sending rounds through cement blocks but an AR 15 failed --if you are in a house behind a wall shooting at me which do you think i prefer.

It's like the difference between a mule and a race horse. Ruger makes two semi-automatic "ranch" rifles, the Mini-14 (.223) and the Mini-30 (7.62x39). The Mini-14 sells far better.

Don't ask me why.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
That's double what it is here, but any port in the storm, I reckon.
some things in America are very cheap it is strange --buses are more expensive than here by 200,000 per bus --yours are wider and the seat cushions are wider also.
your engines are starting to be replaced by European engines and gearboxes especially Volvo in prevost buses as Volvo now own prevost .

Yank Blow-In

New
Reaction score
If you can, get a two-piece stainless-steel Ruger 10-22. It's semi-automatic and a very fine, accurate weapon. Since it breaks down, you can carry it easily in a small backpack. I don't like the box magazine, since it's cumbersome and holds only ten rounds.

You can get larger, better magazines, but I reckon they're not legal in Ireland.
View attachment 5862

This gent's the last word in gun reviews in America, as far as I'm concerned. He's a crack shot and will shoot anything and everything:

View: https://youtu.be/tVnxf73KKks?si=JCtrvySUDAoZ2OQX

View: https://youtu.be/B3QFSdKrevU?si=vD4hdujIWl6Wj992

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
i am bookkeeper-- mechanic---electrician-- painter -- security man--- psychiatrist and a courier with my own personal detailed database which nobody else has re Ireland and the UK.
when i go or fully retire there is nobody to take over -- nobody has the professional qualifications or the mechanical experience to make 20 judgement calls a day .
Making a decision nowadays is all about creating a paper trail and following protocols. Judgement calls are for paupers who can’t get a proper job ticking boxes for the government.

Was at a German factory today where they train their apprentices to think for themselves rather than go running to management for a decision. A much healthier attitude although I also learnt of folk who will, for a fee, fill in everyday government forms on your behalf as German bureaucracy is impenetrable at times and getting worse.

Last edited:

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
i am bookkeeper-- mechanic---electrician-- painter -- security man--- psychiatrist and a courier with my own personal detailed database which nobody else has re Ireland and the UK.
when i go or fully retire there is nobody to take over -- nobody has the professional qualifications or the mechanical experience to make 20 judgement calls a day .
You are basically an older and less wise version of me, with @valamhic someplce in between

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
Bloody hell Prof, that’s a tad strong.
One sort of realizes that there's a lot at stake within the topics we discuss.
Sure even the Taoiseach is in the paper today, resisting threats to bomb his home.
There's flexing going on out there . . .

ETA:- There's a lot of flexing going on out there.

Bottom line - Many mainstream topics are now off the menu in regard to discussions within the public space.

Last edited:

valamhic

Reaction score
This gent's the last word in gun reviews in America, as far as I'm concerned. He's a crack shot and will shoot anything and everything:

View: https://youtu.be/tVnxf73KKks?si=JCtrvySUDAoZ2OQX

View: https://youtu.be/B3QFSdKrevU?si=vD4hdujIWl6Wj992

That is different to the standard 10/22. The barrel fits with a bayonet arrangement. That would allow wabble and damage long range accuracy. If going one, I would go for the standard version. What possible benefit is take down?

valamhic

Reaction score
Myles should tell us how Weatherspoons are getting on. When I was a school boy there were 13 pubs in Kingscourt. Then big John McKiernan died leaving 12. Pre covid there were 12. Now there is The Blocks , Gerry Clarkes, Murtaghs under new management, M & F's on the west side and Gartlans, The Court Inn and Willows on the east side. = 7.

Drinking patterns have changed. People actually want food more than drink. I Dan is going to buy a pub I would advise buying on where no wone else is doing food food and have the pub as a sideline. Very few Irish people can prepare and serve good food. They slop it up. Consider just one course.

valamhic

Reaction score
If I were doing food, would have just one option. Monday Chicken Curry and rice, Tuesday bacon and cabbage, Wednesday bangers and mash with black/white pudding and baked beans. Thursday Roast beef, Friday fish, Saturday Beef curry, Sunday leg of lamb.

Boiled potatoes would be an option with gravy or butter for the non curry servings. Good wholesome food of the highest quality. There would be the standard amount for auld ones
and queers @ 14 yoyos and the ploughmans amount for real men 15 yoyos.

The sign on the wall would read "throw it into ya and get out". "No smoking, vaping or farting".

The place would be full.

I still advise DN NOT to do it. The staff will rob ya blindo.

Last edited:

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
You are basically an older and less wise version of me, with @valamhic someplce in between
this reply is not a criticism of your comments it is a little advice to the already wise declan .
looking at someones life with hindsight is a luxury those who have to live the life do not have .
you react to events in your life,
you are not master of your life and issue wise instructions from a height on those below .
you wait many years to find a companion/partner in life and when you are aware you and the life you lead are not conventional it take a special person to be forgiving of the reality forced upon us .
you then embark on a family and once the baby is born your previous life is only a memory .
when you are rearing kids they are the masters of your destiny for a few years .
when they are fully qualified and able to earn their own money it takes until their age 26 on average today as it is a degree plus 2 years masters at a minimum currently costing 18 grand a year each +++++.
only then can the parents retire from their careers as they are a couple again --- i have a year to go to be a couple again .
i am converting a large coach for our travels it has already 2 generators and all the wood paneling and water systems ,
in America a late 1990s non slide prevost sells approx 200,000 dollars to 150,000--- mine will be similar but not upholstered the same and for a fraction of the cost .
i do not feel unwise i do feel very wealthy and i am over weight and this is a real problem .
i am not poor in mind or pocket and my start was violent and rough as i had a extreme alcoholic in my family and it took me 30 years to get free of a junkie that drinks .
i am one of the luckiest people alive and i have traveled much of the world and i have 2 great kids --my wife is my rock and it is she who has the compass now .
my father was a bus driver /mechanic who reared and raced greyhounds for an income when 18 and he said he was born a slave as he was born in 1911 pre ireland .
i his son proposed to my wife in the garden of the Taj Mahal , he reared a teacher a university lecturer and a legal woman and one bus driver/mechanic despite being married to an alcoholic .
my son/daughter are totally disconnected from my and my fathers life --it is too strange for them their mother is a teacher who is asleep in her bed while her husband is under a bus at 3 in the morning as it has to be ready at 0700 .
the appalling behavior of drunks and junkies is not what they wish to experience and have takes steps to make sure they don't .
they are not fully wise in their choice but our family have rejected my life as one worth living despite the riches it has brought to them .
wisdom is subjective .

valamhic

Reaction score
this reply is not a criticism of your comments it is a little advice to the already wise declan .
looking at someones life with hindsight is a luxury those who have to live the life do not have .
you react to events in your life,
you are not master of your life and issue wise instructions from a height on those below .
you wait many years to find a companion/partner in life and when you are aware you and the life you lead are not conventional it take a special person to be forgiving of the reality forced upon us .
you then embark on a family and once the baby is born your previous life is only a memory .
when you are rearing kids they are the masters of your destiny for a few years .
when they are fully qualified and able to earn their own money it takes until their age 26 on average today as it is a degree plus 2 years masters at a minimum currently costing 18 grand a year each +++++.
only then can the parents retire from their careers as they are a couple again --- i have a year to go to be a couple again .
i am converting a large coach for our travels it has already 2 generators and all the wood paneling and water systems ,
in America a late 1990s non slide prevost sells approx 200,000 dollars to 150,000--- mine will be similar but not upholstered the same and for a fraction of the cost .
i do not feel unwise i do feel very wealthy and i am over weight and this is a real problem .
i am not poor in mind or pocket and my start was violent and rough as i had a extreme alcoholic in my family and it took me 30 years to get free of a junkie that drinks .
i am one of the luckiest people alive and i have traveled much of the world and i have 2 great kids --my wife is my rock and it is she who has the compass now .
my father was a bus driver /mechanic who reared and raced greyhounds for an income when 18 and he said he was born a slave as he was born in 1911 pre ireland .
i his son proposed to my wife in the garden of the Taj Mahal , he reared a teacher a university lecturer and a legal woman and one bus driver/mechanic despite being married to an alcoholic .
my son/daughter are totally disconnected from my and my fathers life --it is too strange for them their mother is a teacher who is asleep in her bed while her husband is under a bus at 3 in the morning as it has to be ready at 0700 .
the appalling behavior of drunks and junkies is not what they wish to experience and have takes steps to make sure they don't .
they are not fully wise in their choice but our family have rejected my life as one worth living despite the riches it has brought to them .
wisdom is subjective .
Jazus if I had time to read that, I would read the latest judgements of the courts.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
i once equaled Larry rush -- make sure you hit the fat bastard and he does not fire back.
I am not talking or in any way referring to you here, but to another useless eunuch

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Followed ng along on Daft.ie I see that not only are pubs not selling but more have come to market.

If the government cease goving money to fakeugeees and if tourists stop coming, they will be unsellable.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom