Should I buy a pub in Ireland.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I do not consider myself wealthy,the man las t Saturday worth 10 billion, I would consider him wealthy. But I certainly made money, you cant be a bar owner for 12 years and not have made money, unless you stayed too long and not sell. I sold in 2006 which needless to say was perfect timing .

My instinct tells me to wait a few months here as the EU are highly likely to destroy itself aganst Russia. Then ypu could buy for peanuts in ireland . Tjese pubd are not selling

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Judging by the jeep type vehicle Val was driving, he likely had over 200 acres of good land,

it was like un unwashed version of an Irish suburban. Lucky there was a big parking lot as he took up two spaces

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
It could have been one of those toyota things, i did not look to closely. Val is a very big man and it is too bad ireland does not have american football or basketball or he would be some sort of cross of tom brady and larry bird

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
north kilkenny 63 acres of shite too high too cold and wet because 300 meters above sea level desolate hungry wet cold made 750,000 see joe coogan auctioneers
But think green energy and the wind reserves tucked away in the farmhouse.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Holy fuck, if you are as old as @Myles O'Reilly believes you to be, then you could pretend you were the young buck. Say your name is Barney and sell the tour as an oppurtunity to kiss both the Barney and Blarney stones in the same day.

this could be a serious money maker.
one look at me and all thoughts of young bucks dissapear -- even if you trowlled a bag of cement into the valleys and cracks i would still look like an old bear --pear shaped --the braces are the only engineering capable of keeping the trousers on .
i have had to deal with a good few druggies in my time many of whom threatened to sue me after they promised to burn my house --some of them were after getting their methadone fix as they now have to take it in the chemist,
they cannot take it outside and sell it.
and i brought them into town and now have to take the bastards home while they crawl around the bus on their hands and knees trying to steal handbags --i naturally have had some interesting moments and conversations and they have made some very unusual requests to cook/ eat some of by organs /feed some or all of me to the pigs /their dogs etc but none of them offered to kiss the barney stones --- what are you smoking declan-.
by the way i make comments about galway people in jest they are no greedier than the kilkenny crowd dont take it personal --when i am presented with your tipping or not tipping usually the man who drove you around all day it is irresistible and i am serving the public good as it may make you tip some poor bastard who need it.

valamhic

Reaction score
I would expect val to have that and more. His farm is likely worth 3 million
Being the 2nd most intelligent person in Ireland, the goal of accumulating money and its worth is part of my objectives for many years. I hold a business degree ( honours) 1999 to 2003 and is credited with discovering that there is no such thing as a minus number.

I was thinking of converting some of my wealth into precious metals but it could only be stored
in insured vaults which cost money. If I hide something like photographs etc, I cannot remember where I left it. People come to me for investments advice and recently one man had sold a farm for 220K. So I explained to him the bank share trap and all about investments. When he lodges the check the bank want him to buy their shares. Many Irish got caught that way.

I am so wealthy that when contractors do work for me they will not collect payment saying that I am better than a bank. They leave it with me. My greatest asset after family and friends is Ireland. My Irish feelings and love of its culture and history. No money could ever buy a quarter of that.

valamhic

Reaction score
Val drives a Jeep now? He must've gotten rid of that aul Caddy he had.
I still have the Caddy and might buy another one. I have no interest in showing off. Paying my debts means more to me. I would rather have quality machine tools than a fancy car. I loaned to a lad for a night and he left it back with a mattress in the back?

valamhic

Reaction score
He's the king of kingscourt
I try to be the idiot of Kingacourt but it does not work. People come to me to write letters for them, I saved a couple with 2 kids from losing their home because of crookery. Word gets around.

I wonder would the vote for me?

valamhic

Reaction score
A section of my life was dedicated to finding a super accurate rifle. It is ongoing. I have a few friends into the same, you want to hear the talks about powder bullets, rifling twists, calibre
scopes.

valamhic

Reaction score
I would advise against getting into pubs. The staff will rob you. You need to be there.
Also keep the hands off the vulnerable female staff. It seems to be a declining trade.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I try to be the idiot of Kingacourt but it does not work. People come to me to write letters for them, I saved a couple with 2 kids from losing their home because of crookery. Word gets around.

I wonder would the vote for me?
Of course they would vote for you but you bottled it , you should be on Cavan county council now as a nationalist indo and you could still be a fixer using crookery

valamhic

Reaction score
Of course they would vote for you but you bottled it , you should be on Cavan county council now as a nationalist indo and you could still be a fixer using crookery
I would not beat Clifford Kelly and the Council is not much good. I am talking about running for a TD. I know I would get 3,000 1st preference votes but it is not enough. The conservative field will be crowded. I might pull a few votes from south Monaghan, but probably not in the rest of the county. I was known in Monaghan, Scotstown, Clones and Ballybay, there is a new generation there now. Cavan Monaghan is very conservtive to FF FG and SF. I think I would be eliminated on the 4th count

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I would advise against getting into pubs. The staff will rob you. You need to be there.
Also keep the hands off the vulnerable female staff. It seems to be a declining trade.
The good well run pubs where they do the work and keep order seem to power on........around here a few of them don't open mon,tue,wed.......it's a Thursday night to Sunday night cycle now ........I know another place who if there's only 2 in the bar after 8pm he puts them out and closes which is fucking ridiculous

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I would not beat Clifford Kelly and the Council is not much good. I am talking about running for a TD. I know I would get 3,000 1st preference votes but it is not enough. The conservative field will be crowded. I might pull a few votes from south Monaghan, but probably not in the rest of the county. I was known in Monaghan, Scotstown, Clones and Ballybay, there is a new generation there now. Cavan Monaghan is very conservtive to FF FG and SF. I think I would be eliminated on the 4th count
I could get you votes in North Monaghan , I know plenty of people itching for a change in public representative

valamhic

Reaction score
I could get you votes in North Monaghan , I know plenty of people itching for a change in public representative
Thanks

It was mentioned to me by a few people, a couple living in Meath Hill came to be recently demanding I run. Part of Meath is in the constituency. Pylon country. I am well known in Cavan town and surrounds.

I would be good at drafting laws. It would be a big commitment.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom