General Chat For All To Read.

tldr

Reaction score
In the days before Altman was sent off into exile, several staff researchers penned a letter to the board about a significant breakthrough - called Q* and pronounced Q-Star - that allowed the AI model to "surpass humans in most economically valuable tasks.

This technological development could be some of the first signs AGI, a form of AI that can surpass humans, is imminent for commercialization.

AGI has the potential to surpass humans in every field, including creativity, problem-solving, decision-making, language understanding, etc., raising concerns about massive job displacement. A recent Goldman report outlines how 300 million layoffs could be coming to the Western world because of AI.

The Q* breakthrough and the rapid advancement of this technology now make sense why the board abruptly fired Altman for his rush to develop this technology without studying the model's impact on how it threatens humanity.

Altman recently said, "I think this is like, definitely the biggest update for people yet. And maybe the biggest one we’ll have because from here on, like, now people accept that powerful AI is, is gonna happen, and there will be incremental updates… there was like the year the first iPhone came out, and then there was like every one since."

https://www.zerohedge.com/technolog...over-q-star-breakthrough-seen-threat-humanity

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
^^
Look pal, are you trolling this Site?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
^^
Look pal, are you trolling this Site?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
What's the trolling Myles?
I'm not having a go at you.
This is what is happening as we speak.
It's not a possible problem.
It's a socio economic cataclysm.
Genie is out of the bottle.

tldr

Reaction score
You call yourself TLDR but keep writing shit that is TLDR!

What gives???

I can write snappy stuff but now I tread more carefully and make sure that what I do write is as close as what I genuinely think it is. I may change my mind, if new facts emerge, but there is reasoning behind what I do say that I can explain however long ago I wrote it.

Writing out something, rather than impulsively reacting, makes you think out what you're saying. I'm not trying to mislead you, and what I write is as close to what I think as I can get it. There's also, of course, at times, a natural Irish playfulness with the language for the craic.

Remember, they brought in laws to punish "hate speech" - something that is not defined, it's based on feelings. If you're sloppy or emotional or stubbornly wrongheaded then they can entrap you with it. A genuine troll on the site would encourage "hate speech" in order to draw others into it. You know like the Feds they talk about in America.

I'm not on other forums because they're meh. They're beaten and that isn't interesting. At least here you can go on about what you think, everyone has the natural right to come to their own conclusions. I may be wrong on some things but everything is a process. In any case, I've served many turns on the galley bench. Let's see y'all do it.

Last edited:

Tiger

Reaction score
It's garbage, I'm not reading it at all, I don't need to
Really?
Okay, I read one of your posts,
Hmm thought so.
you blithering moron, when you said that you don't believe that aliens seeded life on Earth, well, first of all, of course you don't, we all know what you believe you creationist twat, but secondly, as I was trying to tell you all day but as function of your mental retardation you couldn't take it in - no one does.
Why would you need to tell me what I believe you buffoon. The error was that you were too thick to understand what the OP meant.
We evolved from monkeys, aliens from galaxies far, far away seeded life on Earth.. no one says that shit, noone, except for spastics like you
Actually, they do. You’re just too ignorant to know. You don’t read books.

Most famously Francis Crick ( of Watson and Crick fame…. The guys who discovered the double helix in DNA) proposed that life on earth was the result of deliberate alien infection. Go look it up. Lots of people agree with him.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
Space aliens seeding life on Earth.. no one says that
They do, it's been considered and discussed for years, originally based on the contents of a Book!

pro meaty.jpg

Tiger

Reaction score
Of course we probably evolved alongside apes from common ancestors.
We today are "Modern" human, before we appear there are Cro magnon & Neanderthal to be found.
A lot of change occurs within 400,000 years, you know?
Professor, just a heads up that Jimbo is not actually looking for a discussion on anything.

He’s referring to the mention of the famous ‘monkey to man’ image which is literally what the name of the famous illustration is known as.

If the image was called ‘Ape to man’ he’d be ok.

This is how are resident psychotic spends his days.

Tiger

Reaction score
lol No, I'm not. I'm referring to your assertion that we evolved from monkeys.

Do you honestly believe that a brazillion religious idiots like you haven't said the exact same thing before?
I actually think you can’t read properly.

Genuinely.

Are you aware that alcohol shrinks the brain?

Tiger

Reaction score
Why did you even call it.. I can't even remember what you called it.. when all you wanted to do was your Dunning-Kruger attempt at thrashing evolution?
An origins thread is an adult discussion, open to all theories on the origins of life to be discussed and tested.

Your incrementally alcohol addled shrinking brain cannot seem to comprehend this.

tldr

Reaction score
The deployment of AI-controlled drones that can make autonomous decisions about whether to kill human targets is moving closer to reality, The New York Times reported.

The use of the so-called "killer robots" would mark a disturbing development, say critics, handing life and death battlefield decisions to machines with no human input.

Several governments are lobbying the UN for a binding resolution restricting the use of AI killer drones, but the US is among a group of nations — which also includes Russia, Australia, and Israel — who are resisting any such move, favoring a non-binding resolution instead, The Times reported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...mans-artifical-intelligence-2023-11?r=US&IR=T

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ve1/c4a058645ce55c827def5e0d8774dc07.mp4?mid=3645

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom