General Chat For All To Read.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Just on the subject of patisseries, has no Irish pastry chef ever ventured abroad to see how the French and Germans in particular do it? Even the Brits can do a far better job. All we get from the bakeries here is stodgy, unimaginative crap that is as light and fluffy as a pound of lead. Generally, I have no interest in Irish bakeries whatsoever, the bread can be as bad as the pastries although there are a few bright spots scattered around.

Rant over.
MULLER AND O CONNELL BAKERY ABBEYLEIX.
apart from excellent but expensive bread better than anyone else they make mind altering cruffins .
these are a pastry made from croissant type pastry but with a good mug sized core of mixed fruit which once eaten tells you are now a cruffin junkie as nobody does it like these people .
they are related to the famous darina Allen family and they know their food .

Last edited:

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
MULLER AND O CONNELL BAKERY ABBEYLEIX.
apart from excellent but expensive bread better than anyone else they make mind altering cruffins .
these are a pastery made from crossiant type pastery but with a good mug sized core of mixed fruit which once eaten tells you are now a cruffin junkie as nobody does it like these people .
they are related to the famous darina allen family and they know their food .
Has yer wan's son cleaned up his act ? !

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
MULLER AND O CONNELL BAKERY ABBEYLEIX. apart from excellent but expensive bread better than anyone else they make mind altering cruffins . these are a pastery made from crossiant type pastery but with a good mug sized core of mixed fruit which once eaten tells you are now a cruffin junkie as nobody does it like these people .they are related to the famous darina allen family and they know their food .
About 10 miles from Castlecomer.

Would you drive 10 miles just for a pastry or would you be passing anyway Sir?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Very sad to hear he is passing.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Passing through Abbeyleix is worse than passing away.
the Abbeyleix de Veci estate has been bought by two limerick young lads the Collison bros .
over the years we were frequently monitored and number plates logged by special branch as princess Margret and other royals enjoyed themselves locally and everyone was monitored and if they saw you twice in 5 minutes you were pulled in .
When i heard that 2 young limerick lads had bought it i was filled with pride and Ireland is now only coming into its own as the Irish have proved they are as able as anyone on the planet and more able than most and this is why the British were so anti Irish over the centuries -- we had a great deal of what they did not and never would have.
you can do hundreds of miles in the UK and not see or hear any true culture or Craic -- no literature or music no style they do not have taste buds and will chew on ASDA plastic food all year long .
when they come here and see our houses and sit in our stylish pubs and look at what impresses us on the walls they grow a little angry as they feel out of place and more than a little left behind .
Welsh groups have almost stopped coming as we are visibly different and we are interested in things foreign to them and i see their insecurities and their feeling out of their depth a little in our new Ireland.
which was always there but kept hidden from us by the British and ourselves trying to please them .

tldr

Reaction score
'Underpinning the plastic waste crisis is a campaign of fraud and deception that fossil fuel and other petrochemical companies have created and perpetuated for decades.

Through new and existing research, “The Fraud of Plastic Recycling” shows how Big Oil and the plastics industry have deceptively promoted recycling as a solution to plastic waste management for more than 50 years, despite their long-standing knowledge that plastic recycling is not technically or economically viable at scale.'

https://climateintegrity.org/plastics-fraud

Reported on Euronews

Plastic industry knew recycling was a farce for decades yet deceived the public, report reveals - Euronews

I'm still going to recycle anyway!

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
'Underpinning the plastic waste crisis is a campaign of fraud and deception that fossil fuel and other petrochemical companies have created and perpetuated for decades.

Through new and existing research, “The Fraud of Plastic Recycling” shows how Big Oil and the plastics industry have deceptively promoted recycling as a solution to plastic waste management for more than 50 years, despite their long-standing knowledge that plastic recycling is not technically or economically viable at scale.'

Reported on Euronews

Plastic industry knew recycling was a farce for decades yet deceived the public, report reveals - Euronews

And battery recycling will be 1,000 times as bad.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that most, if not all plastic that touches food cannot be recycled = = Yet loads of people are wasting loads of water on this stuff, that is going to be burned = = Insanity ! !

valamhic

Reaction score

Reported on Euronews

I know nothing about the topic of plastic, if you start a thread or explain it I will try to read it. I burn my bottles in the fire and recycle some of the big ones. On this topic I will not fight with anyone who tries to explain.

valamhic

Reaction score
A lad on the radio said for the craic he fitted a tracker in his green wheelie bin to see where it ended up. And sure enough it was the Poolbeg incinerator.
There is a plant in Drogheda making electricity out of all sorts of waste. What is wrong with it? I genuinely
am ignorant on this topic except that I do not support the ban on burning coal. Everyone buys it in the north and burns it round here. A neighbour borrowed my van and brought in a big load of coal.

valamhic

Reaction score
There is a plant in Drogheda making electricity out of all sorts of waste. What is wrong with it? I genuinely
am ignorant on this topic except that I do not support the ban on burning coal. Everyone buys it in the north and burns it round here. A neighbour borrowed my van and brought in a big load of coal.
I started a new thread on this topic because it seem to be one about which we could all learn more. I hope it
worthwhile.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

valamhic

Reaction score
I just clicked into the complaints thread. I am banned from posting there.

Why should I, a man with three times the cogitative power of the next in line accept being a second class
poster when I can go to Pisles and post all I like?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom