General Chat For All To Read.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
GGMB3XsWUAAmHmg

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
WE produce electricity in our brain and our stomach and our heart .
i did a bit of kundalani yoga for a while and in some cases its very dangerous and can release an amount of energy that the person cannot cope with and it takes a very experienced teacher to partially recover the student from the place his mind now resides .
there are energy's we know nothing about and i watched dowsers find water in a 10 acre plot and we marked the spot with a stake only an inch over the ground -- the next day another man found the very same spot and saw we marked it and laughed as we said nothing -- the only spot in 10 acres and both men said you will have to go 400 ft for it .
dogs will not sleep on a beam but cats will .
the polish when a child is crying all night will give her a cat to feed and they watch where the cat sleeps on the bed and they move the bed and the child stops crying .
There are energies about that we know nothing of. I remember taking a girlfriend for walk in some woods one warm summer evening, woods which renowned for the ghostly appearance of noble figures passing solemnly through. Nothing was seen but the poor girl nearly passed out in genuine terror, she felt a presence that totally escaped me. Am I totally insensitive? I'm not at all sure for churches can bring me an extraordinary calm, not all by any means, but top of the list is Chartres cathedral which quite overwhelmed me at first and regularly draws me back.

Last edited:

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
There are energies about that we know nothing of. I remember taking a girlfriend for walk in some woods one warm summer evening, woods which renowned for the ghostly appearance of noble figures passing solemnly through. Nothing was seen but the poor girl nearly passed out in genuine terror, she felt a presence that totally escaped me. Am I totally insensitive? I'm not at all sure for churches can bring me an extraordinary calm, not all by any means, but top of the .it is Chartres cathedral which quite overwhelmed me at first and regularly draws me back.
THAT CATHEDRAL IS FAMOUS and has things included in its architecture not found in any other church.
some dogs can sense things we cannot -- birds will sense an earthquake elephants can feel with their feet tremors 20 miles away.
our cattle can smell others 3 miles and more away.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
On August 16, 1944, the cathedral was saved from destruction thanks to the American colonel Welborn Barton Griffith Jr. (1901–1944), who questioned the order he was given to target the cathedral. The Americans believed that the steeples and towers were being used as an observation post for German artillery.[19]

Griffith, accompanied by a volunteer soldier, instead decided to go and verify whether or not the Germans were using the cathedral. Griffith could see that the cathedral was empty, so he had the cathedral bells ring as a signal for the Americans not to shoot. Upon hearing the bells, the American command rescinded the order to fire. Colonel Griffith died in combat action that same day, in the town of Lèves, near Chartres. He was posthumously decorated with the Croix de Guerre avec Palme (War Cross 1939–1945), the Légion d'Honneur (Legion of Honour) and the Ordre National du Mérite (National Order of Merit) of the French government and the Distinguished Service Cross of the American government[20][21]

From Wiki

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
Looks like we've had it up to there, full to the brim, the juice has been sucked out and all that's left are husks, bones to pick and bills where once was a fair city.
Over the last ten years a degradation of quality was observed when eating out, such has been the dreadful level of service that I gladly cut out eating out and life improved immensely.

Why have things got so screwed up??
Because these days, it's no longer about catering to the local customers.
Instead it's about real estate, ownership, rent, foreign entities, tax and more taxes, oh and bland boring late food - Not so forgettable when one thinks, where does the money go? . . .

A Dublin City Councillor has called for an exemption from commercial rates as various Dublin venues close their doors

Fine Gael’s James Geoghegan is urging for the exemption of commercial rates for Dublin city restaurants, stressing the need to provide them with relief. He advocates for further support for the restaurant sector, urging the Minister for Finance to distinguish between hotel bedrooms and food sales in restaurants and cafes and to reinstate the 9pc VAT rate for the sector.

Cllr Geoghegan, a general election candidate for Dublin Bay South, has submitted an emergency motion to alleviate the commercial rate burden on the restaurant sector in Dublin City. This motion is scheduled for discussion at the upcoming DCC monthly meeting.

"The closure of over 40 restaurants across Dublin in a short span underscores the critical importance of this sector, not only for local employment but also for the vibrancy of our city center, urban villages, and wider tourism industry," Cllr Geoghegan said.

P.S. One can easily imagine in more hopeful days how a Brit landlord leased to a Spanish owner who employed a Lithuanian barman, an Albanian Chef who hired Brazilian waitresses and Asian brigade - All making their fortune in a fat city of tourist & resident foreigners. Mad eh?

No wonder Pat & Mary are doing great things at home😜

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Looks like we've had it up to there, full to the brim, the juice has been sucked out and all that's left are husks, bones to pick and bills where once was a fair city.
Over the last ten years a degradation of quality was observed when eating out, such has been the dreadful level of service that I gladly cut out eating out and life improved immensely.

Why have things got so screwed up??
Because these days, it's no longer about catering to the local customers.
Instead it's about real estate, ownership, rent, foreign entities, tax and more taxes, oh and bland boring late food - Not so forgettable when one thinks, where does the money go? . . .

A Dublin City Councillor has called for an exemption from commercial rates as various Dublin venues close their doors

Fine Gael’s James Geoghegan is urging for the exemption of commercial rates for Dublin city restaurants, stressing the need to provide them with relief. He advocates for further support for the restaurant sector, urging the Minister for Finance to distinguish between hotel bedrooms and food sales in restaurants and cafes and to reinstate the 9pc VAT rate for the sector.

Cllr Geoghegan, a general election candidate for Dublin Bay South, has submitted an emergency motion to alleviate the commercial rate burden on the restaurant sector in Dublin City. This motion is scheduled for discussion at the upcoming DCC monthly meeting.

"The closure of over 40 restaurants across Dublin in a short span underscores the critical importance of this sector, not only for local employment but also for the vibrancy of our city center, urban villages, and wider tourism industry," Cllr Geoghegan said.

P.S. One can easily imagine in more hopeful days how a Brit landlord leased to a Spanish owner who employed a Lithuanian barman, an Albanian Chef who hired Brazilian waitresses and Asian brigade - All making their fortune in a fat city of tourist & resident foreigners. Mad eh?

No wonder Pat & Mary are doing great things at home😜
There was, for a brief period, a freshness and originality about some of the eateries in Ireland, can't seem to find it now, not that I am any great foodie, but it's all so predictable. We've taken to Asian restaurants, if you get yourself a hot curry then at least you'll have to take some notice of it.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
There was, for a brief period, a freshness and originality about some of the eateries in Ireland, can't seem to find it now, not that I am any great foodie, but it's all so predictable. We've taken to Asian restaurants, if you get yourself a hot curry then at least you'll have to take some notice of it.
when you went to a good Irish restaurant which fed the masses there was a fuhrer a person who knew her stuff .
usually her as men would not keep the place clean and were less disciplined .
if you take the old kilkenny design restaurant it featured the staff in the kitchen in 10ft high photos around the restaurant walls and they were paid well.
they did a great job to a standard not available elsewhere .
the workforce were stable they came to work each day they were well paid and the food was to a higher standard than available else ware .
their kitchen was also a patisserie and used ingredients not available in your local supermarket --the scones had giant Thompson raisins and a egg glaze to the top with a generous portion of eggs used in the mix and they were big -- you could not make them at home to the same standard .
there were 5 types of coleslaw and my favorite had apple and pineapple and the secret ingredient which made you dream of your next visit was celery seed .
none of this food is available today -- the 10ft high photos are gone as are the staff --- the SPECIAL MAGIC is gone its just another place -the fuhrer retired and it just employees who do a good job but the rates the taxes the employment laws and with the magic gone the customers are less and it squeezes the middle and when you try and run something which needs PASSION and you cannot find passion generally with paid employees who will not put in the 18 hour days sometimes required to make the magic .
its the same everywhere nobody wants the job where you have to work and must be contactable 24/7 to solve problems which cannot wait and the weekend manager is not allowed to be contacted outside his working hours and arrives to work with the weeks problems stacked up for him -- it does not work without the 24/7 fuhrer and nobody wants to do that anymore .
i have a business worth something and a large premises on an acre and a half of concrete ,
and nobody wants it my two kids are teachers and laugh if i said or hinted they could have it for nothing -- most of my colleagues in the same line all report the same -- all the fuhrers are becoming extinct.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
when you went to a good Irish restaurant which fed the masses there was a fuhrer a person who knew her stuff .
usually her as men would not keep the place clean and were less disciplined .
if you take the old kilkenny design restaurant it featured the staff in the kitchen in 10ft high photos around the restaurant walls and they were paid well.
they did a great job to a standard not available elsewhere .
the workforce were stable they came to work each day they were well paid and the food was to a higher standard than available else ware .
their kitchen was also a patisserie and used ingredients not available in your local supermarket --the scones had giant Thompson raisins and a egg glaze to the top with a generous portion of eggs used in the mix and they were big -- you could not make them at home to the same standard .
there were 5 types of coleslaw and my favorite had apple and pineapple and the secret ingredient which made you dream of your next visit was celery seed .
none of this food is available today -- the 10ft high photos are gone as are the staff --- the SPECIAL MAGIC is gone its just another place -the fuhrer retired and it just employees who do a good job but the rates the taxes the employment laws and with the magic gone the customers are less and it squeezes the middle and when you try and run something which needs PASSION and you cannot find passion generally with paid employees who will not put in the 18 hour days sometimes required to make the magic .
its the same everywhere nobody wants the job where you have to work and must be contactable 24/7 to solve problems which cannot wait and the weekend manager is not allowed to be contacted outside his working hours and arrives to work with the weeks problems stacked up for him -- it does not work without the 24/7 fuhrer and nobody wants to do that anymore .
i have a business worth something and a large premises on an acre and a half of concrete ,
and nobody wants it my two kids are teachers and laugh if i said or hinted they could have it for nothing -- most of my colleagues in the same line all report the same -- all the fuhrers are becoming extinct.
Just on the subject of patisseries, has no Irish pastry chef ever ventured abroad to see how the French and Germans in particular do it? Even the Brits can do a far better job. All we get from the bakeries here is stodgy, unimaginative crap that is as light and fluffy as a pound of lead. Generally, I have no interest in Irish bakeries whatsoever, the bread can be as bad as the pastries although there are a few bright spots scattered around.

Rant over.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom