The death of Catholic Ireland, greatly exaggerated?

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
It was mixed as regards ages, plenty of young people including from the Travelling community, but maybe 3 quarters female. If you go to mass in any of the big towns you will find plenty of young people at mass, in my experience anyway. This is less true of some rural areas I admit, because there is huge emigration of younger Irish people out of those areas anyway.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Could those two issues be linked in any way?
I do not believe so, there seems to be as in all walks of life to be an agenda to even make the church woke. someone is forcing this ideology. mitted them to do this.

Look at this for instance, who permitted this?

(This story is about a young priest in the Anglican Church)
Screenshot (18).png

Do Straight priests stand up in church to declare they are straight?

How about a priest just be a priest, preach the word of God, and be a good person?

View: https://youtu.be/dB8bM6eO7G0

The below indicates what is wrong with the church,

View: https://x.com/GNRcatholics/status/1687393296849555456

And then we have this,

All are Welcome​

June 28 2016
The ALL ARE WELCOME MASS is a monthly celebration of Sunday Mass, at which all are welcome, with a particular welcome for lgbt (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered) people, their parents, family members, and friends. Celebrants have included Archbishop Diarmuid Martin and diocesan and religious priests.
We, the organisers, hope all who take part feel they belong in a PRAYING COMMUNITY. We invite you to come along and take part in the ALL ARE WELCOME MASS. We ask you to tell people about it. We are very keen to hear from Catholic priests who would like to take part as celebrants.
The ALL ARE WELCOME MASS is open to the public. It takes place in the chapel in Avila Carmelite Centre, Bloomfield Avenue (off Morehampton Road), Donnybrook, Dublin 4 (parking available) on the THIRD Sunday of each month at 3.30 p.m. The liturgy, the Sunday Mass, is followed by chat over tea and coffee in Avila’s dining room.
The ALL ARE WELCOME MASS started in June 2012 in the home of one of the founding organisers. In November 2013 it moved to Avila Carmelite Centre.
We, the organisers, are :-
Noel Moran, Michael Hayes, Phyl Stanley, and Louise O’Sullivan.
Please contact us by email:- allarewelcomemass@gmail.com
Our website is:- www.allarewelcomemass.com

The comments sum it up perfectly,

Why is the ‘All are welcome mass’ necessary? Is it because all are not welcome at other masses? It certainly implies this.

This is not truly pastoral. The reality is that our church teaches that those who are in homosexual relationships separate themselves from God. This is tough for many to accept but truth will always remain truth. Jesus said the road to heaven is hard not easy. Shame on Archbishop Martin for partaking in and allowing such a mass to take place in his diocese. If anything it creates the sin of scandal in my opinion. .

Churches are chasing the LGBTQ flag, they are losing their way because of this and other areas, and in turn, many are sick of what is happening, I am.

The Church is supposed to be spiritual, and not involved in politics however it needs to reform which in my view would benefit hugely from allowing women to be priests and allowing priests to marry. We need to bring the family back into the church and I mean preaching family values.

And then we have the Pope, leading this pathetic example, bowing to Islam.

1717494087352.png

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom