Should I buy a pub in Ireland.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Maybe neither. Using it as a base for private ireland tours
Is there still the nostalgia for the Auld country, or are we moving into the third, fourth or fifth generation where the bloodline is diluted to the extent that the interest has waned?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
It is the opposite in fact. You see many bemoaning they cant be citizens because it is their great grandparent or before that left Ireland. They see ireland in a complete fantasy of course

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
It is the opposite in fact. You see many bemoaning they cant be citizens because it is their great grandparent or before that left Ireland. They see ireland in a complete fantasy of course
its the fantasy that brings them -- john wayne and maureen o hara was worth billions to us .

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
its the fantasy that brings them -- john wayne and maureen o hara was worth billions to us .
Yes, and at the fear of being overly pecuniary, I would like to assist in their happiness

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
one day i was doing the liners at cobh and blarney castle was one of the stops and they all got off except one guy in his 70,s and we got talking and he was black and his family sent him to Europe for a tour before he died-- he soldiered in Korea and elsewhere and got a job in Detroit attaching gearboxes to engines for 25 years and retired to his large house bought cheap when he left the army and now 5 yes FIVE of his children and 3 of them with families occupied the house DEY LETS ME SLEEP IN D BASEMENT ITS KOOL DERE .
i listened to a man who worked all his life and gave everything to his family and country and did not see the purpose in kissing the blarney stone as he said very little anyway -- he was one of the most impressive Americans i ever met and the most humble .
when the liners pull into dunmore east the woman who owns woods town house opens up as the liners give her mad money to let in mature American women who want to see where Jackie Kennedy had a fling with some guy after JFK was killed .
money no object they have to see it .

Last edited:

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Ate you still doing tours Sir because I am speaking to someone here about actually running tours to Ireland.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
when the liners pull into dunmore east the woman who owns woods town house opens up as the liners give her mad money to let in mature American women who want to see where Jackie Kennedy had a fling with some guy after JFK was killed .
money no object the have to see it .
Holy fuck, if you are as old as @Myles O'Reilly believes you to be, then you could pretend you were the young buck. Say your name is Barney and sell the tour as an oppurtunity to kiss both the Barney and Blarney stones in the same day.

this could be a serious money maker.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Ate you still doing tours Sir because I am speaking to someone here about actually running tours to Ireland.
still doing tours.
i have the ex rulers of ireland shortly they have a "" RALLY"" every 2 years and i have been looking after them for 32 years .
i have all sorts
Yes, and at the fear of being overly pecuniary, I would like to assist in their happiness
do they say that in galway -- i do not think it is likely the galway crowd have ever thought it is possible to be overly pecuniary .

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
i can give you a hand and advice but i am semi retired and i have a few vehicles but nothing less than 10 years old which may place me beyond the needs of your group --but i will be glad to advise/help in any way i can otherwise .

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
i can give you a hand and advice but i am semi retired and i have a few vehicles but nothing less than 10 years old which may place me beyond the needs of your group --but i will be glad to advise/help in any way i can otherwise .
Maybe be the most important help I would need is to have a real time gauge into the health of the tourist numbers. We jest had a canadian attacked and he was close to death yesterday.

i saw a company offering a scenic trip down the grand canal as one of their days out. Yamks would not find migrant tents overly scenic

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Maybe be the most important help I would need is to have a real time gauge into the health of the tourist numbers. We jest had a canadian attacked and he was close to death yesterday.

i saw a company offering a scenic trip down the grand canal as one of their days out. Yamks would not find migrant tents overly scenic
there are thousands of tours and family tours to ancestral villages and castles are popular and we do industrial and historical and cultural and craft tours for local tourists who stay in the local hotels .
i have done 3 foreign weddings this year and all bought tours from me --i have university groups and retired army and active retired groups --
there is a mountain of information available from Bord failte and other sources and that will give you an idea of who is on the move .
we declan do not on our lives get involved in providing accommodation as you have to legally provide accommodation/food if any thing goes wrong and between aerlingus and the french air traffic controllers you can go bust in your first week .

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Ok, lets say I have 7 couples in a nice house in say moate. The mn want to golf onna day and the womn want to to Ailwee caves and The Cliffs. How much wpuld tjat cost.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Ok, lets say I have 7 couples in a nice house in say moate. The mn want to golf onna day and the womn want to to Ailwee caves and The Cliffs. How much wpuld tjat cost.
just google offally coach hire and get a quote for a 15 transit or 24 seater merc or 19 seater sprinter merc would be the best tool for the job .
i have no small vehicles and you should check them out --have they a premises --how long are they in the game did their co name stay the same for the past 30 years or so and so on.
people with no staff no premises but a pair of dark glasses and a hungry smile are not your choice . take time and get to know them .

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom