The National Party

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I don't get Barrett wanting to continue as leader of a party in which he's not wanted. I haven't seen any evidence that a single member of the party is on his side so to speak.
We don't know anything about them is a problem too , somebody here would have to join and go to a few meetings to see what they are about , they are still going to do better than last time even with the trouble they have with Barrett and Reynolds

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I don't get Barrett wanting to continue as leader of a party in which he's not wanted. I haven't seen any evidence that a single member of the party is on his side so to speak.
This is a very good point.

None of those still marching and acting under the NP flag support him.

But he has men with him at that protest the other day and can produce a decent video. He has almost 800 subscribers the last time I checked.

supposedly he has a member in the Boston area. I have came across an actual ve supporter in a telegram group and after the election when he will be less busy, I will ask him to join here.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
photo_2024-05-21_14-38-31.jpg

valamhic

Reaction score
If I want to vote Nationalist Party in Ireland North West, who should I vote for?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
There can only be one number one in the north west and that is John Waters. I then would go Barrett followed by Reynolds. Followed by Herman and the six other independents in any order.

Reynolds may be a nice man but unfortunately he is unable to speak.

But it does look like Barret has gone a bit better overboard. It looks s a deliberate tactic and do not be fooled. He said in the interview yesterday that his intention was to be the “protest “ vote among the protest candidates. He is playing his weak hand wisely. We shall see.

a win for him is to get a single vote more than Reynolds.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
A win for him is to get a single vote more than Reynolds.
That's what I don't understand. If these guys truly love Ireland more than their own egos wouldn't they stand one candidate instead of several?

Splitting an already small vote is suicidal.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it doesn't really split the vote, because of the PR system anyway, but it might split the amount of funds and time to support those candidates.

I think I will vote Dr Gerry Waters number 1. Yes Justin Barrett is very articulate and intelligent etc, but I really think what he said about Reynolds was just too much for me. Anybody who would talk that way has just too much of an ego I'd wager.

valamhic

Reaction score
There can only be one number one in the north west and that is John Waters. I then would go Barrett followed by Reynolds. Followed by Herman and the six other independents in any order.

Reynolds may be a nice man but unfortunately he is unable to speak.

But it does look like Barret has gone a bit better overboard. It looks s a deliberate tactic and do not be fooled. He said in the interview yesterday that his intention was to be the “protest “ vote among the protest candidates. He is playing his weak hand wisely. We shall see.

a win for him is to get a single vote more than Reynolds.
You were flaking on for the National Party for years and we had to listen to you. Now you decide to drop them when Waters came along.

valamhic

Reaction score
He founded the party and was a little Hitler. 100% anti abortion, slightly anti wind farms wants to send the migrants home. He will get 492 votes. He would never give up leading it. The heave destroyed the party. All they had to do was appoint me as leader. But no. So I will lose no sleep. They wont even get Dan's vote. Neither will Trump!

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Anti Covid man, will get 150 votes and John Waters will get 623. Selfish men to contest the two main parties.
Oh I remember him now. An aul lad from Kildare. I think they stripped him of his licence to practice that time.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Anti Covid man, will get 150 votes and John Waters will get 623. Selfish men to contest the two main parties.
not so sure about that Val John waters could get a savage vote and top the poll here ......it could be herman Kelly in trouble

valamhic

Reaction score
Oh I remember him now. An aul lad from Kildare. I think they stripped him of his licence to practice that time.
I am very disappointed why there are only 27 candidates for 5 seats in The North west. There should be 279 candidates. In fact everyone registered to vote should have ran. Every lad and lassie with gripe is running when there are 2 registered parties to fix Ireland..

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom