How are surplus votes distributed in Irish Proportional Representation?

valamhic

Reaction score
The word "percent" isn't there but the symbol is.

"Out of A’s 6,000 total votes, 30% gave their second preference to B, and 20% gave their second preference to C.
B receives 300 votes (30% of 1,000) and C receives 200 votes (20% of 1,000)"
So do you agree inn that case B received 1,800 of A No 2s.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Shut your fuckin gob or I'll get big homo bounced to give ya a taste of what Mowl got.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted below Section 121. Try reading it and tell us what you think.
I can't read that much. Are ye mad?

valamhic

Reaction score
Its the working class that will vote nationalist. You farmer wankers will row behind Fine Gael as per usual. Garda scum
The working class will not do that. That is a myth. The working class are the majority and voted FF and FG and recently SF and People before puberty. If farmers all voted FF and FG, those parties would have no votes in Dublin. Large dairy farmers do tend to vote FG, I grant that. Fairland was up Sinn Fein's arshe for years. It was me that exposed SF as migrant obsessive, wind mill obsessives and climate hoax obsessives.

valamhic

Reaction score
So do you agree inn that case B received 1,800 of A No 2s.
Right so the 1st count takes place electing A with a 1000 surplus. The second count distributes that surplus as a percentage of total original papers.

What happens on the 3rd count?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Fairland is middle lower class. No brains at all. Thinks it is impossible to get the square root of minus 36
How did he pass the Civil Service entrance exam so?

Upper lower class methinks.
Don't let the 15 year old Corolla and dishevelled look deceive you.

I only present myself that way to throw people off.

Last edited:

valamhic

Reaction score
Wonder would skin the goat come back in? We agree that if 1st count see a candidate exceeds the quota
the surplus is counted by % of total votes.

With subsequent counts candidates are eliminated and when they have preferences enough of them is taken to elect a high poling candidate. It seem to be that all remaining papers are distributed so that those used to take the candidate over the line are not counted. Any thoughts?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom