Carraroe anti mass migration protests

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Carraroe map.png

53.265133, -9.602589

For a number of years now quite a few migrants, as always supposedly only Ukrainians, have been housed in the general Carraroe area. Carraroe is An Ceathrú Rua in Irish and its deep within the important Connemara Gaelteacht, important for those who wish to preserve the Irish language that is.

Particularly many of the migrants are housed in the Carraroe Hotel, down a slip road beside the Garda station in the town, but now they are expanding this presence including by sending some up the road a little into what's called a 'Holiday Village', detached 'cottages' nearby which are in fact owned by the hotel. Incidentally when these were built originally, for Padraig Lee, it was on the condition that they would only be occupied by Irish speakers. (Irish Times 14/11/2003, https://www.irishtimes.com/news/housing-for-gaelgeoiri-is-given-the-go-ahead-1.391926 .)

This has touched off some protests in the last week or so, as can be seen here:
View: https://x.com/bmcdonagh23/status/1795101628455870468

Here is a picture of the 'cottages', and a short video of the hotel site.

As you can see though unfortunately the protesters are not able to sustain any kind of permanent presence at this site.

by Brian Nugent

Carraroe holiday accomodation.png

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
It's a disgusting sight watching the filth protecting a horde of dirty criminals like that and forcing them in against the people :sick:
It is a disgusting sight for sure because Garda Enforcement are just the tip of the iceberg. Layers of Irish Establishment are behind the Planting.
Layers of Legal, Social, Architectural, Spiritual(church), Economical, Political, Media, local businesses etc etc are all shoulder to shoulder behind those Gardai.

It's really their sickness which disgusts us.

free and clean

Reaction score
Another gang of men I assume. The Irish tourist Board will have to adopt a new slogan to attract visitors.

I'm thinking something like:

Come to Ireland, the land of asylum shoppers. Whether it's gangs of Algerians, Georgians, Nigerians or Albanians, we've got them all in every town and village.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Another gang of men I assume. The Irish tourist Board will have to adopt a new slogan to attract visitors.

I'm thinking something like:

Come to Ireland, the land of asylum shoppers. Whether it's gangs of Algerians, Georgians, Nigerians or Albanians, we've got them all in every town and village.

"Backpackers and Campers, Try Our Lovely Leafy Locations in Ireland's Grandest Cities" -

"Discover Ireland with Freedom For Foreigners"

**T&C's apply - 1st week is free, 2nd week gets you accommodation.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
By the way there was a much more shocking video from Carraroe out there a short time ago. It showed a big row when the locals tried to stop them going into those 'holiday home' things, but as far as I can see its been wiped from Twitter and everywhere else?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Specifically it was brought in for those 'cottages', as you can read in that Irish Times report. Now we hear that some Gaelscoileanna have stopped speaking Irish to accommodate the influx of migrants.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
In case people think I have got the wrong place, and I am far from infallible!, here is just a simple screenshot from twitter, notice its 'Paraic Lees' cottages:
Padraig Lees.png

You can match that to some of these references in the Irish Times report:

"Gaelgeoiri have welcomed a landmark decision by Galway County Council to approve a new housing development on condition that it is used exclusively by Irish-speaking residents.

Mr Padraig Lee was granted planning permission last month by the local authority to build 12 houses in Carraroe village in Connemara. The conditions attached include a stipulation that the applicant will enter into a legal agreement with the planning authority before construction on use of Irish by occupants of the development.

This reflects provisions in the latest Planning Act and a commitment in Galway county's new development plan to protect the linguistic and cultural heritage of the State's largest and most populated Gaeltacht area."
( https://www.irishtimes.com/news/housing-for-gaelgeoiri-is-given-the-go-ahead-1.391926 .)

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
It is a disgusting sight for sure because Garda Enforcement are just the tip of the iceberg. Layers of Irish Establishment are behind the Planting.
Layers of Legal, Social, Architectural, Spiritual(church), Economical, Political, Media, local businesses etc etc are all shoulder to shoulder behind those Gardai.

It's really their sickness which disgusts us.
I've mentioned it before but it has been an extraordinary turnaround for Buddy Love.

From wanting County Sligo and indeed the entire Country planted by as many Muslims and Africans as could be fit into the place only a month ago, to now wanting them all driven into the sea.

Love's swift and complete conversion is testament to the solid, convincing arguments the people of Sarsfields consistently make.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Do I remember correctly one had to be a fluent Irish speaker to get planning permission in the Gaeltacht?
The Gaeilgeoirí of our Nation have been front and foremost in calling the rest of us wacists for being against the Plantation.

Now they're getting a dose of it themselves.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Gaeilgeoirí and pricks with Irish names are frequently two different things.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Gaeilgeoirí and pricks with Irish names are frequently two different things.
Perhaps there's a difference between middle-class Irish speakers who went to private schools and folk from the actual Gaeltacht.

Although I do remember Gaetacht people attacking Just Barrett's missus for objecting to the plantation and wanting to preserve the Irish language.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom